Thursday, February 11
I'm finally getting these up! Last week was a big week and I couldn't choose just one.
Cupcakes made by me (cake mix from a box- don't let the fancy frosting fool you).
Cake made by my sister, Megan (not from a box).
Happy Birthday one more time little man!
Saturday, February 6
I cannot believe my sweet baby is a year old. He survived his first birthday and his first massive intake of sugar (donuts and cake) and is snug as a bug in bed.
At one year old Ben:
- weighs about 19.5 pounds. Yes, if we travel back to month 11 our little piggy weighed 20.5 pounds. The poor guy had a bad bout with a stomach virus last week and lost some serious weight. It was an unpleasant experience for all involved.
- wears size 3 diapers and 6-12 month clothes.
- has 5 teeth. Three on top and two on bottom. He also loves to show them off with a huge smile.
- is super verbal. He can mimic almost any sound we make. His favorite is "thank you."
- may be a yogi (yoginni?) when he's older. His gigi is so proud.
- bear crawls.
- was baptized.
- likes to hang in his crib after his nap and read books. I love the extra time it gives me to get a few more things done. Thanks B!
- had his first day at Gymboree and loved it!
- has changed our lives. Neither Nate nor I (and probably Cooper) can imagine our lives without Ben. He makes every day exciting and I love him more than I could ever say on a silly blog. He is our life. Happy Birthday little man!
And for a trip down memory lane, here is the back of Ben's first birthday invitation showing his monthly picture for the last 11 months. Funny enough, the kid started life looking exactly like dad and at one year looks exactly like his mom (minus the eyes- those are 100% daddy).
Cooper and Ben celebrate their first year of brotherhood.
Saturday, January 30
This has been a long week. Poor Ben was blessed with his first stomach virus. We spent a good part of the week covered in puke and a very sleepy. Thankfully, Ben is on the mend.
This picture perfectly captures our week with Ben eating nothing but oyster crackers. I also love that I caught his awesome hair. This is how he looks after every nap. I love it!
Monday, January 25
Tuesday, January 19
I'm a little late this week. Again, this isn't the greatest quality picture but I love it for about a billion reasons.
- All the stripes. I love a good stripe and this picture has at least three different kinds of them.
- The way Ben is looking at his cousin, Drew. Drew stayed the night with us while his family went skiing. Ben absolutely loves Drew and the look on his face shows that.
- The way Drew is being so sweet with Ben. I'm not sure why he wanted to put Ben's shoes on but he sat there a good five minutes trying to get those suckers on. He was so sweet and careful trying to get them on (and they're a pain, I promise).
- Cooper in the background waiting for someone to throw his toy. This is the story of my life.