Wednesday, November 11

Heroes

Happy Veterans Day to my husband. Happy Veterans Day to my husband who spent 14 months overseas. Happy Veterans Day to my husband who I married on March 11, 2003- the day the war started. Happy Veterans Day to my husband who sported a Tom Selleck style moustache.

Happy Veterans Day to my husband who wrote me hundreds of letters. Happy Veterans Day to my husband who toted home loads of Iraqi soil (we are still finding it hiding in books to this day). Happy Veterans Day to my husband who never complained about living in a tent in miserable heat for over 365 days.

Happy Veterans Day to my husband who broke his neck overseas and is now the proud owner of a piece of metal in his neck. Happy Veterans Day to my husband who was man enough to sport a Henna tattoo (with the Tom Selleck no less).


Happy Veterans Day to my husband who was (and is) so respected by the men he helped lead.

Happy Veterans Day to my husband who was only 22 years old overseas (and was one of the older kids there).

Happy Veterans Day to my husband who is proud of his service and the good he (and everyone) did overseas.

Happy Veterans Day to all the Veterans who help these little kids smile!
Happy Veterans to my husband who is my hero (and a hero to many).







And Happy Veterans Day to my other hero, my dad, who also sported a Tom Selleck style moustache in Vietnam (though that was the style in the 70's). I love you!

BBR09_20090806_0052

2 comments:

Faith said...

Such a great post Lindsey!

Patrick, Jessica & Ophie Jane said...

wow, your post is making me cry! thanks for writing such a great tribute! we're reading it after veteran's day (finally have internet again). love you all!
jessica & patrick