Nate and I have been through a lot in the last 6 years. Some memorable things are...
- We spent the first 13 months of our marriage apart. Nate was in Kuwait and Iraq while I spent my first year teaching 6th grade.
- We bought our first (and my favorite) house. Nate agreed to let me buy it sight unseen while he was in Iraq.
- Nate was able to come home for R&R over Christmas!
- Nate came home in April 2004!
- In July of 2004 we celebrated our marriage with all our family and friends.
- We took a "familymoon" to Maui. Nate and I were there for a week before my family joined us and my sister got married.
- Cooper joined our family! He has provided us with so much entertainment!
- Nate got a new job and we sold our house, Nate moved to Eugene, OR and we bought a house. I stayed in Portland (and lived with my parents) because I had already started teaching. I visited Nate on the weekends.
- Nate had neck surgery from an injury overseas.
- About 4 months after moving to Eugene, Nate was transfered to San Antonio.
- Nate moved to Texas while I stayed in Oregon for the rest of the school year.
- We built our house.
- My parents took the whole family to Maui again!
- Last spring we decided to have a baby!
- Nate was a rockstar while I was on bedrest for 3+ months. He did everything!
- Our son was born!
This is only our 3rd anniversary we've actually been able to spend together. I am looking forward to many, many more!